Microsoft offers the best built-in solution to mount ISO files for users who require to create a bootable installation media like a USB Flash driver, or DVD to install it on Windows 11 (both include the ISO mounting option). In certain places, it requires third-party software to mount an ISO disk image file.
Note: when you don’t find any Mount option while using Windows 10 or 11 for any reason, you can easily enable it using the guidelines given below.
Ways to Mount an ISO Image in Windows 11
You have two methods to mount ISO windows 11. Try to use the steps as mentioned to avoid troubles while the process.
- Start the process by opening File explorer first.
- You have an option either by pressing the keys like Windows + E, or locate the search box to click the start menu.
- Find the ISO file and double-click to open it. It will automatically start to mount the ISO file and be available/ represented as a folder file.
- Hit Run and extract using your windows 11 device.
- To start the process, you need to open File explorer once again using Windows + E shortcut keys or by selecting the start menu.
- Operate using the folder and locate the ISO file.
- Further, right-click on the drop-down menu to choose the Mount button.
- And yes, finally- the ISO file has been successfully mounted to windows 11.
What is ISO Mounting software?
ISO files are usual file types that can be used to store disk images of optical media which includes CD, DVD, or Blu-ray discs. Hence, this can be mounted on your computer and easily viewed just like the original disc. We have the best programs for viewing and converting iso files on Windows PCs like DAEMON Tools Lite, Virtual CloneDrive, PowerISO, WinCDEmu, and MagicISO.
Is it possible to get a virus from an ISO file?
There are more possible ways to get a virus from an ISO file. Though, not only the ISO file that carries the virus. The actual virus attack happens if you download an ISO file directly from the active internet without looking at its authenticity prior.