When will iOS 16 be released?
- Apple announced iOS 16 is livelily released on June 6 exclusively in its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). Though, the iOS 16 stable build is expected on September 7, 2022 to be public.
- Added to this, Apple had an announcement regarding iPhone 14 series that might get declared to launch on September 7, 2022. So, in reference to this- we expect the iOS 16 final build will announce at the same event.
IOS 16 Requirements
You must have an iPhone 8 or later in order to install iOS 16. If you are an iPhone SE user, you must have at least an iPhone SE 2 (2nd generation) or a later version phone.
Best iOS 16 Features
- Edit and Unsend Messages
- A New Customizable Lock Screen
- Notification and Live Activities
- Other New iOS 16 Features
What’s new in iOS 16?
iOS 16 is a wide sixteen and vital launch of an iOS operating system which is developed by Apple for its iPhone. At the same time, it was announced at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference on June 6- 2022 regarding the successor to iOS.
Major effective changes in iOS 16 is a revamped lock screen, that may include a wide range of customization options and even more layouts. The reformed notification panel is accessed through the active bottom of the Lock Screen. Using iOS 16, you can make your Edit and Undo send messages right using your iPhone.
SharePlay effective access like FaceTime and is now available on Messages. iOS 16 has added a new feature called Safety Check. The upgraded dictation feature helps us to understand speech and transform that into text.
History of iOS 16:
- Apple released the iOS 16 eighth Beta on its last launch. Prior, if you have registered for the beta program, you can inspect by navigating to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Since the Beta has major bugs, it is quite recommended to avoid the update on primary devices. The iOS 16 beta 8 carries build number 20A5358a and it consists of major fixes, performance improvements, and optimizations.
- iOS 16 beta 6 is progressing out to enumerated developers, a week later the 5th Beta was released. In reference to the iOS 16 beta 6, testers are allowed to disable the battery percentage view during the time of usage of Low Power Mode on their iPhones.
- It lowers the Live Activities API in third-party applications.
- iOS 16 beta 5 is effectively available now, including major modifications, bug fixes, and majorly with refreshing features. The build number for iOS 16 beta 5 is 20A5339d.
- iOS 16 beta 5 at last, holds battery percentage to notched iPhones.
- Finally, Apple launched the first public Beta of iOS 16 on July 11 2022 with features like a customizable lock screen and edit/Unsend iMessage, and more.
- If you have an iPhone 8 or newer, make a test pre-release iOS 16 software by registering for the Beta Software Program. Always back up your iPhone prior to installing the beta software.
Current affairs about iOS 16:
It is the optional part of the iOS 16 developer beta on their devices by registering to the Apple Developer Program. As per Mark Gurman, iOS 16’s first public Beta will be released as per the iOS 16 developer beta 3 in July 2022.
Eventually, Apple releases a new version of the iOS operating system every year to be active.
- In 2020 – iOS 14; in 2021
- In 2021 – we saw iOS 15
- In 2022 – iOS 16 which is released in September 2022. At the same instance, let’s even talk about the expectation for the iPhone 14 series that is launched with it.
The iOS 15 developer beta has been initiated in June 2021, though the stable public rollout occurred in September 2021. Whereas, the iOS 16 will likely trail the same schedule, with a developer beta on June 6, 2022, and a steady public rollout in September 2022.
Which iPhones are compatible with iOS 16?
The following list of iPhones supports the iOS 16 requirements: They are,
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
Which iPads are compatible with iOS 16?
The following list of iPads supports the iOS 16 requirements: They are,
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (10th generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
How can I update to iOS 16?
Method 1: Initially, stay on automatic updates by enabling them on your phone. Your device will automatically update to iOS 16, or you will be redirected to the next page which has a prompt to do so.
Method 2: Connect through the “Settings” > “General” > “Software Update” path and select the option “Upgrade to iOS 16” & confirm with “Download and Install”. Now, the iOS 16 update will initiate the process of installing on your handset. Finally, you need to restart right after the installation process.