The procedure of applying for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu can be accomplished online via official Tamil Nadu government website. Here are the steps to apply for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu government – tn.gov.in
- Step 2: Under “Service Section”, Click on the “Department Wise Services” tab on the home page. Now, select “Commercial Taxes and Registration Department”
- Step 3: Hit on the “Search to find Marriage Registration data and apply online for Marriage Certificate” link & pick “URL”
- Step 4: Fill in the needed details in the application form. It should be filled with some personal details like bride & groom, wedding ceremony, and address proof.
- Step 5: Upload the required documents like scanned copy of the wedding invitation card, proof of age, & proof of residence.
- Step 6: Pay the application fee online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Step 7: After submitting the application form and payment, you will receive an acknowledgment slip with a unique application number.
- Step 8: The authorities will authenticate the application and documents submitted and schedule an appointment to verify the documents physically.
- Step 9: Now, wait until the verification process to complete. Later, your marriage certificate is ready to download.
- Step 10: Finally, Use the Official website to download it.
Note: In case of any queries or assistance, you can contact the Registrar of Marriages or the helpdesk available on the official website.